Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Resolutions


  1. Read 50 books this year. This means planning ahead of time an average of 4 books a month and setting aside the time to get through them. If left to my own devices, depending on the book, sometimes I'll get through one in two days, sometimes I'll linger on one book for a whole month. Not this year! 50 books, let's go.

    First on my list: Behind the Beautiful Forevers; The Glass Castle; Middlesex; The Diviners; A Casual Vacancy.
  2. Get a job. I need one for sure before I graduate in June, but I would love to get one by March so I can go on a spring break trip with my friends.
  3. Finish Book 3. I need to hammer out more specific goals for this later, but I definitely need to finish my current WIP this year.
  4. Cook more, clean more. Okay, this is not specific at all, but what I would really love to accomplish is some kind of schedule for cleaning my apartment and preparing homemade meals. You might be able to tell that I sort of think of schedules as the path to success and happiness. Probably because I'm so unorganized in my natural state.
Well... here's to success in 2013! I have some work to do to make these resolutions more doable. (Set short-, medium-, and long-term goals.) What do you hope to accomplish this year?

Happy New Year!

1 comment: