Monday, December 3, 2012

Books Read in November

How is it December already? This means it's almost my birthday. And the apocalypse. And 2013. Since I don't actually think the apocalypse is going to happen.

Welp, I only read two books in November. I should start reading faster...you know, in case the end of the world actually does happen.

1. LET IT SNOW by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle.


Recommended: YES!
This book is not a novel but three holiday romances. Each one filled me with warm fuzzies and laughter and JOY. Just READ IT!



Recommended: UM YES.
You know how it's always difficult to answer the question "what's your favorite book?" or "who's your favorite author?" Well, for me, Jennifer Donnelly makes it easy. She is my favorite author. Why? Because she weaves such thrilling page turners, filled with such detail that they ACTUALLY transport you to another time and place. Yes, ACTUALLY. I'm quite sure I spent the last couple weeks in the Arabian desert somewhere near Damascus. (You'll understand after you read this book.)

Now, this is the third book in a series. You'll want to start with THE TEA ROSE. As is the case with most series, I think the first one was the best. THE TEA ROSE is absolutely brilliant. The second one, THE WINTER ROSE, is also wonderful. This one rates third as far as amazing-ness goes, but it's still great.

This is an adult, historical epic series. If you're looking for something YA, check out Donnelly's REVOLUTION. (When people ask what my favorite book is, REVOLUTION is usually my answer.)

~

What have you read lately? I love recommendations. Feel free to leave some in the comments!

Happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment