Monday, November 5, 2012

Books Read in October

I'll be doing a post like this every month where I list the books I've read and whether or not I recommend them. Click the title to find the book on Amazon; click the author's name for their website or blog.

1. THE OPPOSITE OF INVISIBLE by Liz Gallagher


Recommended: Yes.
This is a fun, quick read for fans of contemporary YA. I met Liz at the PNWA 2012 conference. I was psyched to find out that she writes realistic YA set in Seattle, like me! She's super sweet and I loved her book. Wished it was longer though -- I finished it in three hours!

2. DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by Laini Taylor


Recommended: Yes.
I'm not a big fantasy reader, but Laini Taylor's elegant, engaging prose sucked me in right away. The main character kicks ass and has peacock-blue hair. Need I say more?



Recommended: Yes.
I adored Cath Crowley's GRAFFITI MOON so I knew I would like this one. They're both realistic YA stories set in Australia. I recommend both of those -- Graffiti Moon is pure fun and romance, while this one is more bittersweet (but it still has romance!) 

4. AN UNCOMMON EDUCATION by Elizabeth Percer


Recommended: Unsure. I'm halfway through it now. I liked the first part, but now I'm losing interest. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment