Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Turkey Week!

This year I'm making Thanksgiving last all week.

Last night was the first of three Thanksgiving celebrations. This one was with a group of close friends, including my man and my sister. My sister and I cooked all day. It was glorious.

I contributed several things, including:


  • This peanut butter pie from the Pioneer Woman. Good gravy, it was amazing.





  • These adorable chocolatey pretzely thingies.

Melt Hershey's kisses on mini pretzels (3 minutes at 275 degrees). Then press an M&M on top while they're still hot. Put them in the fridge until they're nice and solid. (from foodgawker.com)

  • And fresh baked dinner rolls. Here's a helpful hint: you can find frozen dinner rolls at the grocery store. All you have to do is bake them right before the meal and you've got fresh rolls! Just remember to give yourself an extra hour (or three) to thaw them -- I almost forgot about that part. That would've been bad. Yum, carbs!
Next on my Turkey week agenda: dinner, games, and ruckus with my three best friends, the most hilarious ladies you'll ever meet. Then the third and final Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house. SO MUCH FOOD. SO LITTLE REGRET.

What are your Thanksgiving plans? What's your favorite thing to cook/force someone else cook for you?

1 comment: