Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween is coming.

So the natural thing to do is make Jack o' Lantern cupcakes.

Which is exactly what I did.

Unfortunately, they didn't turn out quite as I'd pictured.

Step 1:
Mix up a large quantity of cupcake batter.

Pardon the camera phone quality of these pictures...

Step 2:
Bake 'em! Duh.

Step 3:
Try way too hard to make orange frosting. I used a can of vanilla frosting and added a bunch of yellow food coloring, and a little red. Then a bunch more yellow, a little more red. Repeat five hundred times. It still turned out sort of pastel-y, not really the orange I'd hoped for.



Step 4:
Frost those babies and decorate them with candy to make them look like... sort of resemble... suggest? jack o' lanterns. 

I used M&Ms, Hershey's kisses (the cookies & cream kind... have you guys tried those? They are amazing.)  and gum drops. 

I love to bake, but mostly everything I make turns out, well, sort of ugly. Still delicious! Just not attractive. 

You could probably make these look ten times better than I did. What Halloween treats do you like to make? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment