Monday, October 15, 2012

Autumn is my favorite time of year.

Things I love about the season:

A) Holing up in a coffee shop and reading or writing for hours. An extra hot vanilla latte tastes so good when it’s gray and drizzling outside.

B) New boots.

C) Carving pumpkins.

D) Admiring other people’s Halloween decorations. I live in an apartment so I don’t have a front porch to deck out with pumpkins and cobwebs. But when I do have a front porch, my Halloween display will send children screaming into the night. Not really, it’ll probably be more cute than scary, but still. Halloween decorations!

E) Baking. Baking, baking, baking. Cookies, cakes, muffins, scones. Bringing fresh-baked goodies to friend’s houses or home to the family.

F) Halloween! Dressing up. I love the idea of mobs of costumed people causing mischief for one night. Also, the candy.

I think this year my friend and I are going as Helga and Phoebe from Hey Arnold! Grown up Helga and Phoebe, of course. This will be the first year in forever that I haven’t been Hermione/Harry Potter/some other witch or wizard. What are you going to be for Halloween??

No comments:

Post a Comment